Tuesday, March 17, 2009

The Taos News, Too

The Taos News, Too


I've always been intrigued by Sas Colby's The Taos News - a diary of sorts, that she created from found object street finds on her daily walks in Taos. She affixed them to the front page of several editions of The Taos News.


detail from Sas Colby's series "The Taos News"

When I was in Taos, I thought it would be fun to do my own small tribute to her marvelous series. One cold early morning I left the Mabel Dodge Luhan House around 6:15 and went off into the snow and ice to see what I could find. In the course of an hour's walk, I was able to fill a bag full of delight detritus - but found it was sometimes hard to pick things up with gloves on, so my fingers ended up very cold! Also found, that a few of the best things - including a wonderfully rusted bottle cap - were frozen in the dirt and wouldn't come out. I stopped at a cafe for a latte and to warm up, and what should also be there but the new edition of "The Taos News". It all came home with me and was finished yesterday.



deatil from my tribute to Sas - The Taos News, Too

No comments:

Post a Comment