Thursday, June 4, 2009

I'm In!



I had set a goal for myself to enter the Somerset Studios bimonthly challenges for a year. I started last August with artrwork that would be in their January/February issue. Well, you know how it goes - you send it away, seemingly off into the ether, and then you wait and wait for the magazine to come out so you can eagerly flip the pages, hoping and hoping that you'll see your submission. I dutifully sent in a piece every two months as each challenge came along.




Nothing in January, nothing in March and nothing in May - but yesterday in the mail I received the Somerset Gallery Summer 2009 issue AND there, in living colour, on page 148 is "An Evening at the Opera, Box #5"! I had done this one for their Andrew Lloyd Weber issue in May.

I did it, I have my artwork published in a major magazine. I have to tell you - it feels mighty fine.

3 comments:

  1. YAY! I'm so proud of you, and so happy!

    They have it at Barnes and Noble, right? Because I'll need to get a copy to show off to everyone here!

    hugs,

    your daughter

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go! I'll look for it here.

    Sis

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is SO AWESOME!!

    Congrats to you! And I love it that you have been persistent.

    ReplyDelete