Wednesday, June 3, 2009

New Journal

After using a very large vintage ledger for my daily journal for the last 7 months, I've done a 180. The "new" journal is a mere 4x6.5" - just a tiny bit bigger than a post card. I found it at the Greenwich Market in England in 2006.
It's an autograph album from the 1920's. The first page has the following inscription: "To dear Alice, From Ethel with best love. Wishing her a Happy Birthday, 1919."

Only about a 6th of the pages were written on, and so I thought what a fun idea it would be to use the blank pages to journal.

I started last week on the first day of our road trip, and am really enjoying working small again. I've ferreted it out several vintage cigarette cards, calling cards and stamps to use on the pages.
The last journal required its own bag to carry around - this one fits in a pocket!

No comments:

Post a Comment