Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Cigar Box Wednesday

A few weeks ago I blogged about updates on my website to the "Inside the Studio" page. I received an e-mail wanting to know "What's in all those cigar boxes anyway?" I thought it might be fun once a week to pull one down and go through it here on the blog. And for whatever fevered reason I decided let's do it on Wednesdays! So here we go!


This box is full of skulls, skeletons and variations there of. Some plastic, some bone(not human), some wood, a few antique ivory. When I went to a Frida Kahlo Workshop with Lynne Perrella a couple of years ago, I was able to bring along skeletons to share with everyone.
I love this little guy from General Bead in San Francisco. They are all destined to end up in a shrine, journal or assemblage. I'm always on the look-out and,of course, stock up when Halloween comes around.


So look for a new Cigar Box - and its contents - every Wednesday. Believe me, I've got dozens and dozens and dozens of them - so this could take awhile!


1 comment:

  1. This is an awesome idea! And Laura agrees. I can't wait to see what's in all of them.

    ReplyDelete