Saturday, June 27, 2009

Mixed-Up Media Art Bag


After

Most of you know that my wife Margot has a business called Sassy Feet that is devoted to taking ordinary shoes and making them into amazing works of wearable art. If that's not cool enough, she has recently taken to doing purses as well.

The above was a joint effort between the two of us that I call my Mixed-Up Media Art Bag. You can see the before picture below - this is what it looked like when I picked it up at a thrift store for $2.00. With the addition of paint, leather patches, chain, tassels, beads, and a variety of cool art and ephemera pieces, the result is a wonderful piece of art that holds my painting and sketching materials when I'm on the road - for a week's vacation or just down the street to the local cafe. It was a lot of fun to make and for the two of us to work together.

Before

No comments:

Post a Comment