Friday, April 23, 2010

From the Bookshelf

This is a volume of fun, fantasy and wish fulfillment. Angela Cartwright and Sarah Fishburn invited 11 of their favourite artists to create their "dream" house using a 9 x 12" accordion-fold template. The results are beautiful, wild and utterly distinctive.

In 2007 at Art & Soul in Portland I took a class with Angela where we were given house-shaped chipboard books and got to create our own fantasy dwelling. I chose as my theme an atelier in the south of France (talk about dream house!) and here are a couple of spreads from my book.

It was great fun gathering the papers and ephemera to use for the project and even more fun "building" it during the class.

2 comments:

  1. I love your dream house. I make house albums too but now you inspired me to make myself a gream house!

    ReplyDelete