Monday, July 12, 2010

Punter's Holiday

Punter's Holiday 16 x 20"

This was fun . I raided my stash of vintage English ephemera and then picked out what went well together. Many of the pieces in this collage came from a scrapbook of a 1952 trip to Europe that I found at a Flea Market several years ago. I used a deep gold silk paint on the ribbon (we picked this up on our trip to the Cotswolds in 2006) to give it an aged look. The vintage cigarette cards are also finds from our trip.


This is in a glass (front) and acrylic (back) frame held together with thin black metal strips. I adhered the ephemera with glue dots to the piece of acrylic, placed the glass on top and then slid the sidepieces on. The back piece has its own hanger - which would be great if I hadn't done the collage upside down!! Oh well, I'll figure something out.

No comments:

Post a Comment