Thursday, August 12, 2010

Book and Author Festival

Absolutely Alice 13 x 10"

The annual Book and Author Festival held in September is sponsoring several displays of book art across San Luis Obispo County. These will run for about a few weeks and then on the weekend of the Festival all the pieces will be available for viewing and sale at the Art Center in San Luis.

Le Petit Voyage 6 x 4.5"

I have been asked to be part of the displays this year and will have 3 of my altered books on exhibit. There will be several forms of book art including hand-made books and book illustrations.

An Altar-ed Book closed 15 x 11"

I've spent my whole life reading and loving books, but I never realized until just a few years ago, how much fun it could be to alter them!


An Altar-ed Book open

These three pieces, if not sold at this event, will be available at October's Open Studios.

No comments:

Post a Comment