Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Cigar Box Wednesday

Jumping Jacks, those simple, yet magical toys from Christmas past. There was always one in my stocking, and each year, different. Soldiers, cowboys, clowns, even, once, a horse!


Here's one I used on the front of Circus, an altered book made from a vintage 78 record album.
I was fascinated as a child by how they could possibly work (mechanical things have always baffled me - and don't even talk about radio or TV, to this day I still maintain it's all magic!)

2 comments:

  1. Jumping Jacks!
    Love 'em. I'm guessing that you keep an eye peeled at all flea markets too..now I'll be one of your scouts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found your blog while looking for jumping jacks! I have a jumping jack collection too! I love your story.
    Warmly, Stehanie

    ReplyDelete