Friday, May 30, 2014

From the Bookshelf



The third volume of Tim Holtz's Compendium of Curiosities is now available. Like Volume 1and Volume 2 it is full of dozens and dozens of techniques and projects to get your mixed media juices flowing.  Step by step instructions, each accompanied by a photo - you can recreate a particular piece or - as I do - use the techniques shown to come up with your own ideas and projects.  I've heard some people complain that these books are just an excuse for Tim to sell his many products, but I find that most of the bits and ephemera used can be found in my stash that I've amassed from flea markets, swap meets and rummage sales.  And if I know my readers - I bet that's true of you also.  So check these out, not for the marketing, but for the ideas and techniques - and, as always - the eye candy!

No comments:

Post a Comment