Saturday, June 6, 2015

D-Day


Thanks, Dad  - Altered 78 record album

This is an altered book that I made out of a vintage 78 record album. 
 That's my dad on the front along with his Sargent stripes from the Army  Air Corps.  


Here are the spreads from inside, filled with remembrances 
of his time serving during WWII.



Many are his actual medals and paperwork,
 while some is ephemera that I've picked up at 
flea markets and swap meets over the years.



This piece was part of my 2011 solo exhibition "The Pity of War"



Thanks to all who served on that historic day.








2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful memento!

    It is also the 36th anniversary of the day hubby & I met!

    :)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. bobbie - Congratulations! I hope you do something wonderful to celebrate.
    Erin

    ReplyDelete