Friday, December 23, 2011

From the Holiday Bookshelf


This is one of the funniest books I've ever read. It is impossible to read it without laughing out loud. The story of how the horrible Herdmans bring the true meaning of Christmas to the annual pageant. It has become a modern Christmas classic. For years, my younger daughter Jenny would read it to us as we decorated the tree. She has a keen ear for picking out just the right voices and inflections for each character and I never read it now without hearing it all in her voice. A double reason why this is one of my favourites. Give yourself a holiday treat - curl up with a glass of eggnog, a plate of Christmas cookies and spend sometime with this delightful story.

5 comments:

  1. *sniff* "I woulda named him Bill."

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! Bron and I think some year you should record it for our Christmas present.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chris - It is definitely your kind of humour - you'll be rolling on the floor. Tell Scout to watch out!!
    Erin

    ReplyDelete