Thursday, December 20, 2012

New Journal, New Pages


 I started a new journal a few weeks ago.


 This is one of the ones I made during 


 And the second one, from the class,
that I've used as a daily journal.


 The cover is from an 1890's series of essays,
 lovely marbled paper on the book boards.


I made the signatures out of vintage and repro ledger paper, 


and vintage-y scrapbook paper.


A wide striped ribbon  wraps the spine
and does duty as a bookmark. 
 I really like this one and am having
a lot of fun working in it.




10 comments:

  1. Seen in person, or in these photos, this one's a real beauty and suitably eccentric!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG!! Girl, you create the best journals. I need just a wee bit of your talent and creativity!! Happy Holiday's my friend! Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Margot - I glad you're OK with eccentricity!!
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sharon - Have a lovely holiday. Hopefully we can get together sometime in the New Year!
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the variety and the lushness of this. And all your journals! I'm in MAM's Venice class. Do you feel you must use book binding cloth, or do you think I can make up my own sort of 'cloth' ?

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is sensational...inside and out. I love the vintage feel to it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seth - Thanks, that vintage look is what I was going for. Happy Holidays to you as you close out your most amazing year!!
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  8. Chris -
    I'm in the Venice class too! Margot and I went for 10 days back in 2005 and it was total magic. Book cloth is special, it's coated with adhesive on one side so it's sticky. Try Paper Source, they often have it on sale.
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  9. Erin, you create the BEST journal pages ever!! Happy Holidays!!

    ReplyDelete