Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Tag - You're it!



Call it not paying attention or brain glitch or whatever - but this was the first holiday season when it occurred to me to make my own tags.


I had recently purchased a package of medium sized shipping tags from Staples and they were sitting on the art table and (light-bulb over head moment) it dawned on me that I could use them, along with rubber stamps and ink, to make tags for presents!  I know, right?  Don't ask - I don't get it either.


So, here are some of the results -


once I started it was hard to stop.



Great results, so quickly.


I used Distress Inks for the backgrounds, and Archival Black for the stampings.


Now I wonder what else I haven't thought of?


2 comments:

  1. Are you kidding? It's not easy to think of things like this! Are are so used to doing things 'in the box' that something sweetly simple gets right past us. These colors and textures are great, and when I heard that you used Distress Inks, that explained it all!

    Very pretty. I know people are going to love them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chris - It does make me wonder what else I'm not thinking of! Happy Holidays and enjoy some well earned rest!
    Erin

    ReplyDelete