Saturday, September 12, 2009

My (almost) New Journal



My new daily journal. Well, not new-new - I've been using it since July. I gathered together all the artist papers I've collected from Somerset Studios over the years, along with loads of scrapbook paper cut to size. I took all of these, along with mat board into my local copy shop and had them spiral bound. I asked for the biggest spiral they had - we all know how journals tend to grow and grow over time!


I picked it up the next day, brought it home and affixed post cards to the front cover - Anne Bagby, Susan Lenart-Kazmer, and Traci Bautista. Then embellished with polymer clay beads from Chris of Prism Trail.

And viola! Plenty of paper that already has colour and design (so, no "white page" nervousness)
and plenty of blank pages on the back when I want to start with a plain surface. It's 9x12" and a little heavy - on a future post I'll show you the tres cool bag Margot made for me to carry it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment