Monday, March 8, 2010

Absolutely Alice

Absolutely Alice

With the opening of the new Alice in Wonderland movie this past weekend I thought it would be fun to share this altered book that I created a couple of years ago. I picked the book - a library discard on Eastern European textiles - for this project based on its big size. It was interesting to "work large".




I compiled many different editions of Alice in Wonderland and then used pages, illustrations, spines and covers from them throughout the book - as backgrounds, focal points, and embellishments.




I love the huge playing cards - a dollar store find - and the enameled blue and green teapot pin picked up at the Morro Bay Art in the Park one year.


My timing, for once, was superb, as the new movie was announced about 6 months after I finished the piece. All it's missing is a photo of Johnny Depp!

No comments:

Post a Comment