Thursday, March 11, 2010

New Journal -Finally!

We all know about this - getting very anxious to start in a new journal as we get close to finishing the old one. I've been in the current one since mid-July. It's a bit bigger than usual and I'm looking forward to working smaller again for awhile.




I made thick pages by gathering several together and using eyelets to hold them in place. I gessoed the pages lightly so some of the text shows through.

This new one is a vintage Dickens with marvelous marbled endpapers and page edges.

The eyelets have the added advantage of providing perfect places to attach ribbons, charms and other embellishments.

Just a few days and I'll make the first entry! Of course, by the end of the new one I'll be just as anxious to change sizes and styles again. Ah, variety is the spice of journaling!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, the marble endpapers. One of my dozen favorite things about my first job at the Huntington Library was visiting the Bindery...their Italian papers were probably as rare as some of the books in the Reference Dept. Love the eyelets and what might be attached to them. Happy first entry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks special...just waiting to be filled. Those endpapers are fantastic and really set the tone.

    ReplyDelete