Monday, April 5, 2010

Alas, Nevermore

Alas, Nevermore - A Literary Halloween

Even though it's April, Somerset Studio's Vintage Halloween challenge is due in just a couple weeks. No matter how many ideas I came up with, I kept going back to the idea of ravens and skulls. And this is the result. The combination brought to mind Poe and Hamlet - hence the title.


An old printer's tray spattered with cream and rust acrylic. I used scrapbook paper for backgrounds on the left. A raid in my Skulls & Skeletons cigar box turned up plenty of material. I used rubber stamps on the back of dominoes and found a vintage cigarette card of a jackdaw.


The bone pile in the bottom right consists of tiny carved skulls and badger toe bones from Necromance in L.A. I'll be sending it off today and in 5 months or so, maybe we'll be seeing in it in Somerset Studio.

1 comment: