Monday, April 19, 2010

The Diner That Time Forgot

This lonely neglected cafe sits alongside Hwy 101 at the outskirts of Buellton, about 40 minutes north of Santa Barbara.

I'm sure it must have been open 50 years when I first remember my family driving up to visit relatives in San Luis Obispo, but my first memories of it are from the late '70's when I moved up to the central coast.

It seems to have always been empty, boarded up, full of tales of past glory, waiting and waiting...

On our recent jaunt down to Santa Barbara Margot said "We've got some extra time, do you want to stop and get some pictures of the old diner?" So here they are. With the way things seem to just disappear these days, I feel glad that I'll have this visual evidence to help jog my memory in the years to come.

1 comment:

  1. Great idea to take these. I love looking at that crumbling paint and rusty parts. These are also good pictures to experiment with and use in collages. Cool.

    ReplyDelete