Friday, October 28, 2011

From the Bookshelf

My father was a wonderful chef, and when he sat to down to relax he loved to read cookbooks. While I didn't inherit his cooking abilities, I do love to peruse cookbooks - especially when they have marvelous illustrations. Susan Branch has been drawing beautiful books for decades, and while they are full of delicious recipes and lovely holiday ideas, they are also fun to just sit down and read. This one is the latest in my collection of Susan's books which I started back in the 1980's. She divides her time between Martha's Vineyard and San Luis Obispo county where she grew up (which makes her a home-town girl for those of us here on the central coast). Beautiful drawings, delightfully handwritten text, yummy recipes, and heart-warming stories of happy homey traditions - what could be a better read for a cozy autumn evening in front of the fire?

No comments:

Post a Comment