Tuesday, April 10, 2012

End of an Era

First Red Rosin Piece - Lynne Perrella's Class 2007


The first weekend of this month saw the last Artfest, Teesha and Tracy Moore's amazing weekend art retreat that started it all. How many of us in this wonderful mixed media world spent time there over the years, found our"tribe", made friendships to last a life time and felt our creativity burst forth like never before.


View from my dorm room window 2008

I was fortunate enough to attend in 2007 and 2008, once staying at a little hotel in Port Townsend and then in a dorm at the Fort Worden retreat site.


Dos-a-Dos Book created in Pam Sussman's Class 2007

I have so many memories - swapping trades, making fat books, those fantastic vendor nights, staying up til all hours in the Art Asylum, learning new techniques and making new friends.


Lynne's Black Paper Wall

Artfest was where I first took a class with Lynne Perrella, who I consider my artistic mentor. I had first met Lynne at the True Colors retreat at the ARTbar in Santa Ana in 2005, but the 2007 Artfest was my first chance to study with her. It changed my art, it changed my life. This is the story so many people will tell you about Artfest - life changing happenings and memories for years to come.


Fort Worden, Port Townsend, Washington

Thanks Teesha and Tracy - what a ride!!



2 comments:

  1. Thank you for this peek at your Artfest past! You're right; I had an art-changing time there, and am so thankful I got to go on the last year. I will always hold it as a warm positive book of memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chris - It is true - an Artfest experience will be with you forever.
    Erin

    ReplyDelete