Tuesday, April 24, 2012

New Project - Done!

 Journals waiting for date tags

Last week I showed you the beginnings of this project and promised you the end result this week.


 More waiting journals

And here it is.  I have journaled voraciously since junior high, but only art journaled since 2004.  These journals now are aligned on two bookshelves in my library.

Voila!  All tagged

I am always wanting to revert back to certain ones, but then can't remember which one is which month of which year without opening to the first page.  As you can imagine this can take some time - especially because then I get engrossed in each journal and start reading and ... you get the picture.

Easy to find

So I had one of those lightbulb moments and thought "AH!" I could put the dates on the outside of each book, but many of the spines aren't the right shape, wide enough or whatever to put the date right on the spine - so that's when I had the second brain storm and decided on tags!

And quite stylish 
(if I do say so myself!)

They're working out great - the starting month and year on one side, just the year on the other.  Tied on and visible.  Now I can find what I'm looking for quickly.  But I know I'll still find myself lingering now and then and delving into ones I wasn't looking for - just because it's fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment