Friday, June 1, 2012

From the Bookshelf

I fell in love with Vivian Swift's When Wanderers Cease to Roam a couple of years ago and was delighted when I saw she had a new book out.  How could I resist a combination of a favourite author and travels through France?  Filled with her charming watercolour sketches and quirky writing style this is a volume that will appeal to armchair travelers everywhere.  I mean let's face it, how many of us can get to France as often as we'd like to?  So, find a local sidewalk cafe, order a cafe au lait and a warm croissant (or a pastis, if it's afternoon) and indulge in a few hours of Le Road Trip - a trip to France without having to bother with security checks and custom lines.  C'est si bon!


2 comments:

  1. Lisa - I know we have dozens and dozens of the same titles on our shelves. As my mom used to say "Great minds think alike - and so do ours!"
    Erin

    ReplyDelete