Wednesday, June 13, 2012

It's in the Stars!


 I saw this cool star made from a vintage folding ruler, from the studio of Susan Stoddard (drooling over those drawers!), in the new Where Women Create Book of Organization.  And I thought, I have vintage folding rulers!


 It took me several tries (though I'm an assemblage artists I've never had much luck with "some assembly required"!), but by looking at the picture and adjusting the arms of the ruler,  I finally got it!



I wrapped all the joints with thin pewter coloured wire.






And now it has pride of place on one of the
pullout shelves of my library card catalog.





4 comments:

  1. Oh My! I have some of those rulers also. Will have to try it. I got my labels, thanx again so much. I am looking forward in getting together for a chat when I am down there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sharon - Hope you enjoy the labels - hey! art supplies you didn't have to buy!!
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  3. GAH!.....amazing!
    This is delightful. I never felt good about discarding those faithful old rulers (don't they have a real name?!!) so this is a brilliant application. You do the coolest stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lisa - Never discard them - you can also use them to make a border around a picture frame, or giant letter M's- if your wife happens to be named Margot, heh heh!

    ReplyDelete