Thursday, January 14, 2010

Caramba Mexico! Parte Tres


Before we left I raided my stash of Mexican inspired images and ephemera.


This spread was done completely with detritus -or art supplies as I like to call them - picked up off the streets on a walk through the village one morning.


And this one with labels from various things we bought for dinners from the local store.

It was a wonderful trip and every time I look through this book it's like being back; feasting on fresh shrimp with a cerveza fria, listening to the sound of the waves and the chatter of children and feeling a warm breeze lift the hair off my drowsy brow. Que bueno!

1 comment:

  1. Even as we California types sit in relative winter comfort, your journal and tales of Jalisco lure with the promise of even greater warmth and all that exotic - and free - ephemera which keeps memories so fresh. There could be no better souvenir. Do we miss cigar boxes full of domestic packaging simply because it is familiar? I vow to pay better attention.

    ReplyDelete