Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Word of the Year

Every year, like many of you, instead of a list of resolutions for the New Year, I pick a word. Past years have found me working on energy, trust, re-frame and let-it-go. This year I was looking for a word that would represent a healthful way of life - both physically and emotionally. I first came up with moderation, but that wasn't quite it. Margot suggested checking the thesaurus, where I found balance and then cross-referencing that, I found harmony. That resonanted and I knew I had found my word. My friend Destiny had this photo in her archives (Harmony is a tiny hamlet that I pass each day on my drive from Morro Bay to Cambria) and it's perfect. I will print out several and scatter them around my home and at work to remind me that moderation and balance lead to harmony and that will make my life even more wonderful.


No comments:

Post a Comment