Saturday, January 2, 2010

Travels in North Africa - The Last Chapter


After more than a year I have finally put the finishing touches on this altered book! A few things got in the way; Open Studios, work, life - the usual. But it is now complete.

The final page has a carved niche with a jeweled scarab (found in a delightful little button shop in Victoria on Vancouver Island). Random globs of Golden acrylic add to the richness. This was a fun book to work on, I especially enjoyed trying all the different aging techniques which I discussed here and here.

2 comments:

  1. WOW! Don't you love the feeling of finishing a project like this? It's like magic, even if I don't believe in magic. Okay, it's like... opening ones eyes. Love this page. I'm going to look at the links now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, all I can say, Erin is wow this is so beautiful..I am also in the midst of putting together my travels as well....thank you for sharing....

    ReplyDelete