Monday, June 21, 2010

One of Those Good Ideas...

I've seen several pictures on blogs and in mixed media books and magazines where people were storing their small bottles of acrylic craft paint bottoms up so the colours were instantly visible. And I always thought "What a great idea!" But I never got around to it - we all know how that one goes. When I was starting a major studio overhaul a few weeks ago (more on that soon) I just stumbled across this old white storage unit (originally for CDs) that I must have picked up at a swap meet or garage sale sometime and forgotten about - we all know how that one goes too, don't we?
It only took me about 2 seconds to figure out that it would be perfect to put the paint bottles in - and voila! It was. Now I can look and grab the colour I need just like that. Another reminder to us all - check your stash - you never know what's hidden there!

No comments:

Post a Comment