Friday, March 18, 2011

From the Bookshelf


What is this? Karen Katz's Brand New Baby Board Books . Now why, you are asking yourself, is Erin reviewing a new line of board books. Well, as you might have suspected I have artistic designs on them. They are a great size, 6 x 5 x 1.5" and have 14 pages, but the best thing is their heavy construction. The pages are thick and sturdy - almost like wood rather than cardboard. The pages are rimmed in colour and the whole book feels great to hold.

So what better thing to do with it than to prep it and use it for an altered book or a journal - for those short trips or special occasions. We're leaving for Portland tomorrow for several days and I have one of these, all gessoed and ready to go, in my bag. Can't wait to start using it - I'll keep you posted.
By the way, I guess you could actually get one and give it to a two year old also.

No comments:

Post a Comment