Monday, May 23, 2011

Visible Pens

After several years of keeping my pens in drawers I decided to get them out in the open so I can not only see what I have, but - gasp! - maybe even remember to use them more!


So I grabbed a few containers and now my Sharpie Paint Pens are in a metal flower can, and my Faber Castil Pitt Artists Pens w/ brush tips in a white flower pot.

My sepia, black and sanguine (I love saying that word - it's fun!) FC Pitts are in a ceramic coffee mug - sans handle.
And my Sakura Moonbeam Gels in this vintage pink lovely. If out of sight is out of mind - I now have no excuse not to be putting all of these to good and immediate use.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I know what you mean! And I had mine in mugs and cups and vases all over my art table and then suddenly I kept actually noticing the warnings on the packages, Store horizontally! So now, I've got them out of the cups and into a box, lying down and portable, but sheesh! When they are all together like that, there are millions of them! I can't seem to fit them comfortably or find them easily! Last night I was trying once more to organize them.

    AUGGHGH!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chris - I thought about that horizontally thing, but if they're in the drawers, I just don't think to use them. I stick with the few favourites in my journal bag and forget about the rest. So I guess I've decided, stored vertical and actually used is better than horizontal and forgotten.
    Erin

    ReplyDelete