Saturday, March 3, 2012

Suitcase Saturday


This week's case is another of those delightful reproductions from Ross. Lots of leather, a floral design and plenty of straps and catches.



It's home to my collection of vintage patterns. These are so fun - not only the wonderful old graphics on the envelopes,



but the pattern tissue, with all its marks and wording, makes a great extra layer on a journal page or in a collage.


Bluer Than Blue

If you look closely you can see the texture the wrinkled pattern pieces gave the edges on this blue type drawer.

2 comments:

  1. I have one pattern. I bought it to make jammies for Cathie. All my mom's patterns are gone. I'm so sad! I wish I had them! But anyway, you are so right. What a great thing to work with! I must go look for old patterns some day! It will be fun to scour the shops, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chris - It's always fun to scour the shops - not fun to scour the bathroom - but that's a different story!
    Erin

    ReplyDelete