Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Workshop Day 3


 That's the ferry pulling out of Friday Harbor taking me back to normal life and away from an amazing four days of intensive art making and learning,


On day three with Anne Bagby we made stencils
 of different types of body shapes.


Then we made complicated paper using deli paper and tissue paper as substrata and collaging with bits and pieces of coloured and patterned  paper.


 We used the stencils on the complicated paper to cut out the body shapes,
and then created our figures on 5x7" canvas board.



These are the four I did and I was quite pleased with the results.
On Friday I'll wrap up with day four and Lynne Perrella.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Erin!
    You sure did produce a LOT of great art! It was great to meet you and I'll be sending an ATC your way. I'll send an email to the few of us who were interested in swapping soon - back to work tomorrow for me... hope you had some time to relax for back to work for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marie - I'm back tomorrow, but only three days and then the weekend - when I plan to take time and think about all the wonderful things we learned. Great to meet you as well, loved the tag you created from your piece.
    Keep in touch, Erin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't you love the layering of papers? These look great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chris - I could do it all day. Oh wait - I did! Plan to do lots more now that I'm home in my studio.
    Erin

    ReplyDelete