Saturday, April 12, 2014

A Small but Tasty Score


My friend Destiny gave me a gift certificate to our local Restore/Habitat shop for my birthday and the other day I finally got a chance to use it.  I love the pulleys in various sizes and already have a steampunk idea for them.  The blue drain strainers caught my eye for their interesting pattern and beautiful colour.  Margot found the cool industrial-looking toggle switch, and one can never have too many funky fuse boxes.  Not a lot - but plenty to get the inspiration and creativity flowing!

4 comments:

  1. Too funny ~ first thing I thought when I saw the pulleys was "Steampunk!" too! Or you could go with something nautical ~
    Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. bobbie - Or even nautical/steampunk!
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope some Reading Man rang up your purchases. Yes, they seemed nautical to me. I'd want to connect the toggle switch to something but electricity scares me or should I say, makes me wary. Yes, art is less fraught with peril. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marylinn - I always look at hardware as art supplies - and then I remember "Oh, yeah - it can actually be used for its original purpose!" - The clerk did rather have a Reading Man air about him.
    Erin

    ReplyDelete