Friday, May 1, 2009

The Big Reveal - Disintegration

Disintegration - May 1


As my daughter would say: "Not so much with the disintegrating!" I leave a tablecloth on the table on the deck for a week - and it fades. The curtains around our outside spa have wind rips in them after a month - but leave 100+ year old book blocks out in the rain, wind, sun and coastal salt air and they look just about the same as they did the day I put them out 2 months ago. Go figure!


Disintegration -March 1




Disintegration - April 1


But now the fun begins - getting to make art out of them.

6 comments:

  1. I am so excited to see what you create!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting how strong paper can be if it is stacked. You have a lot of paper to work with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. well, i see a new business!! distressed paper for sale on line!! for all the altering artists, a deal could be made.

    OR we could market PAPER TABLE CLOTHS, guaranteed to last the season!!
    i'm sure there are some "mysteries" to be revealed when you flip through the pages now, and .... i see collaging/paper machie?? in your future. then the piece could go outside again.......just thinking!! i may be carrying some books out there SOOOON. inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enough paper to make a papier mache elephant!I buried mine for a month with good results. I think it all depends on just how much rain falls in the area.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i think you get the prize for the biggest bundle! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. After I saw your wonderful book package, I put a new book with the cover ripped off outside, too. I am amazed at how brave you were to put something old out in the weather. My book bundle didn't disintegrate as much as I hoped, so I put it back out. It's now in the dirt. We'll see.....

    ReplyDelete