Monday, May 4, 2009

Street Faire

Here's the haul from my trip to the "twice yearly" -as Nordstorms says - Cayucos Antique Street Faire. Cayucos is a small beach town 4 miles up the coast from Morro Bay. I lived there for a couple of years before Margot and I bought our house in Morro Bay.

On a Sunday, every May and October, there's the Antique Street Faire. It's a great chance to pick up a few one of a kind things, see lots of fantastic vintage stuff, and laugh over the disparity in the prices from booth to booth. I'm always amazed that I end up getting something wonderful for way less than I would have thought, and yet at the very next dealer, they're asking four times as much. But it's all part of the fun!
This was today's mystery item. Found in a box of old tools. The pointy end is quite sharp and it seems like there ought to be a handle or something that fits through the hole in the middle.
The gentleman who sold it to me had no idea. But isn't it cool?

Loved these old windows with the vintage plates inset - hefty prices- so I settled for a picture - but very pretty.

2 comments:

  1. Oooo, fantastic esp that last photo. I found you thru Ornamental, sort of, kind of. Lovely blog here.
    Candace

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a cobbler's tool, the one end is obviously an awl, the other a shaper of sorts.

    Sis

    ReplyDelete