Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Red Rosin Steps 1 & 2


Step One
To get ready for the upcoming Open Studios Tour in October, I'm doing 2-3 of these big red rosin paints a month. I gesso the surface one weekend and then let it dry for a week. With our sea air here by the coast I like to give it plenty of time to get really dry. Then the next weekend I paint and collage and layer to my heart's content.

Step Two

Step one is to get out the paper, unroll some (in this case 24x36") and cut it off. Step two - gesso the heck out of it while adding bits of texture - here I used string, a cut-up onion bag, and the edge of a plastic putty knife to draw designs in the wet gesso. Then set aside and wait for it to dry. Stay tuned to this blog channel to see what transpires next weekend when the fun really begins

No comments:

Post a Comment