Saturday, May 2, 2009

A Crow in the Ferns

My younger daughter Jenny is a department manager at Michaels. This is a very good thing. Not only do I get a family member discount, but I get a heads-up on all the sales, what the coupons are gong to be and she lets me know when something really cool has come in.Like this guy above. A Halloween decoration from two years ago. But alas, I missed out the first year, when I went in to get it they were all gone. Jenny said she'd let me know if any more came in, but they didn't, that year.

So last year as soon as Michaels started getting their Halloween stuff in, I got a call - "Hey Mom, we've got the ravens again - should I pick one up for you?" DUH! Later that week she came over with one, we set him up amongst the ferns by the front walk, and he's lived there quite comfortably ever since. When I was out taking pictures of my non-disintegrating book pile yesterday, I thought "that raven deserves a blog post" - so here it is.


1 comment:

  1. Ah, the coveted score. When you miss out on something then up it pops!...he's lovely.

    ReplyDelete