Friday, May 15, 2009

Journaling, Journaling!

I started this journal last October. It's a vintage ledger for a traveling salesman of grocery items and dry goods. A lucky e-Bay win. It was a medium green colour, but after getting the letters and ribbon at Wendy Addison's Theatre of Dreams, I painted the covers an off-white and then over painted with a soft French blue, rubbing some away to show the underlying colour. Then added the letters and ribbon for the finishing touch.
It's a bigger size than I normally use - which has been both fun and challenging. I'm about 30 pages from the end and am starting to look forward to going back to something smaller for my next one.


I try to work in it everyday, but miss once a week or so. It's a grand repository of daily happenings, lists (love the lists), collage, and samples of techniques I want to try out.

1 comment:

  1. I think what you have created in this journal so far is fantastic. I love the fact that you are using the text from the original book as part of the final journal page.

    ReplyDelete