Saturday, July 25, 2009

927 Alternative Art Show in Cambria

The Quick Brown Fox...
Today and tomorrow is the annual 927 Alternative Art Show in Cambria. 927 is the phone prefix here. It was the only prefix when the show started almost 20 years ago. In the intervening years we've added 924, 934, 935, and 203. Mostly thanks to cell phones and cable companies, but the name "927 Show" has stuck and that's what we all call it.
It's a chance for alternative artists to have a little fun and exhibit works that might not fit into other shows around town. Over time the titles have become almost as important as the art and it's always fun to figure out the puns while enjoying the pieces.


My entry for 2009 is The Quick Brown Fox... which I featured on my blog when I finished it last month. The use of at least 8 full alphabets and parts of 6 others (different colours, fonts, materials, etc.) gave birth to the title.
This will be my third entry, I've been fortunate to win prizes the two previous years and am hoping to keep my string going. The artist reception and prize announcement is tonight. I'll keep you posted - results on Monday's blog. Hours for the show 11-9 pm Saturday and 10-3 Sunday, at the Veterans' Hall in Cambria.

No comments:

Post a Comment