Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Cigar Box Wednesday

This week's cigar box is full of foreign currency. A great addition to altered books and journals - wonderful colours, beautiful graphics and flat, to fit easily on the page.



Some from e-Bay, some from countries I was lucky enough to visit, and some of the most interesting from a coin & stamp shop in Victoria on Vancouver Island. I went in and asked if they had any old ragged scraps of foreign currency that were cheap and - he brought out 4 shoe boxes full - every piece only $1.00 Canadian. I spent a blissful hour going through the boxes and picking out my favourites and using up my budgeted $20.00.



I had no idea that one could find these at Coin & Stamp shops - picked up the tip from authour Barbara Hodgson (if you're not familiar with her you are in for a treat). Look here on Friday 's "From the Bookshelf" for her latest Trading in Memories.


No comments:

Post a Comment