Friday, January 27, 2012

From the Bookshelf


This is lots of fun - don't we all love to peek into other artists' studios? Well here's your chance. Lots of eye candy, studio dimensions, lighting tips, how to organize just about anything. Every size is covered - from closets to huge attics. Put out by the people that bring you the quarterly Cloth Paper Scissors Studio magazine. If you have followed CPS Studios since its inception you will recognize many of the studios in the book as they are taken from the magazine articles. I still found it valuable as it does present several of my faourites all in one place. If you're not familiar with the magazine this is a great introduction.

5 comments:

  1. In the earliest, embryonic stages of bringing order to my studio, first comes the tossing out and giving away. Then we will think about aesthetics. I think CPS folk do a very good job. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marylinn - I've spent the last couple of days going through all the collage folders in my lateral file - it's amazing all the paper I saved that I look at now and say "What was I thinking?" - it feels good to clean it out and have room for the good stuff to breathe!
    Erin

    ReplyDelete