Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Word of the Year


Instead of resolutions - for the last several years I've picked a word of the year. Last year's was "Breathe" and I actually did pretty well this time. I practiced using my breathing to bring calm and peace. I didn't always do as well as I would have liked, but I know I'm now much more aware of taking that slow breath and then reacting to a situation.



This year I've chosen the word "Listen" - to listen when others speak, to listen when I speak, to listen to my body speak to me. As I did last year I have strung letter press circles from Wendy Addison's Theatre of Dreams across one of the windows of my studio. As I see them everyday, I will be reminded to "Listen".

2 comments:

  1. WHY haven't I bought anything from Theatre of Dreams? huh? And you little whipper snapper, don't be sending me anything from there. Unless you want to. Anyway, I love her stuff.

    My word for the year is titchy, like, every titchy thing. But, now I'm wondering if this really progresses my evolution at all? And I doubt it. So I may take the word 'levening'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chris - Definitely go with levening - "to cause to rise" - as in bread, but why not also in spirit? I like that, you titchy little thing you.
    Erin

    ReplyDelete