Friday, February 10, 2012

From the Bookshelf



As a librarian I found this book fascinating and so true! Everyday we find at least one interesting item left in a book - everything from a mundane shopping list to a hundred dollar bill. Author Michael Poper works in a used bookstore and has found historical letters and photos, vintage ads, tickets, schedules, postcards - the list is endless. He presents a picture of the item and then the text if its a letter. A nice layout, good photos and just plain fun to see what lies lost "between the pages."

2 comments:

  1. Girl, I just read this! I was really fascinated. Did you see all those long, long letters? And that one was just filled with anger! I mean, she was fed UP with some guy. And the couple of sweet letters from sons in the service.
    very fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chris - Fascinating is the word. I almost felt voyeuristic reading some of those letters. But I guess if they didn't want them read they would have been more careful about leaving them in a book, heh-heh.
    Erin

    ReplyDelete