Monday, May 14, 2012

A Score of 2 Score Pictures


Every May and October Cayucos hosts an Antique Street Faire. The two downtown blocks are closed off and dozens and dozens of vendors set up their booths and show their wares.


I've amassed quite a nice stash of varied ephemera and assemblage supplies there over the years.


This time my goal was old snapshots - and I hit the jack pot.


I use cabinet cards and carte de visite in many of my collages and mixed media work, but I absolutely love these old snaps from the first half of the 20th century to use in my art journals.  At $.50 a piece they are an inexpensive and happy indulgence.


Check out the expression - lower left - Don't mess with her!


2 comments:

  1. wow.

    Let me know when the October one comes up.

    (I think that bottom photo is of me.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chris - I definitely will, and- if it's not the weekend in October when Margot and I will be in the San Juan Islands in Washington taking a workshop with Lynne Perrella and Anne Bagby- it would be a blast for the two of you to come up and join in the fun!
    Erin

    ReplyDelete