Thursday, May 10, 2012

Trip Down Nostaglia Lane


 The Key to the Sea - altered book 7x9" closed

 I created my first altered book back in 2005.  I'd discovered art journals the previous summer after reading Gwen Diehn's The Decorated Page and that led me to altered books.



 I had amassed a small stash of tools and ephemera 
and was nervously ready to begin.



 When I look back on it now, I see I tried to cram as many fledgling techniques and ideas in as possible!



It seems to follow two or three story lines, and is rather a mish-mash of styles.



As they say "You've come a long way baby!", but it is fun to revisit this early attempt, now and then, to see where it all began.


2 comments:

  1. You have come a very long way. Thanks for sharing your first altered book and recommending THE DECORATED PAGE, which I don't have (but soon will) for I am working on keeping a journal consistently. I liked that the book got you started and its descriptions at Amazon made it seem an all-around good choice. We can always be beginners; there is so much to learn. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marylinn- It is a wonderful book, great tips and such lovely eye candy it can't help bu be inspiring. A red letter day indeed when I came across it and changed my life!
    Erin

    ReplyDelete