Sunday, March 22, 2009

Oh the possibilities!

I love tiny buildings - cabins, sheds, huts... I think somewhere in the back of my mind there lurks a thought that they can all be turned in to studios! Both of these are on my daily commute to work. The first is a small log structure, fairly new, nestled in the green hills between Hwy 1 and the ocean. The second close to the road; a derilect shed, that has seen better days, but weathered to a delicious shade of silvery grey. I can't help it, every day when I drive past I fantasize about turning them into studios. I have a wonderful studio in my home (actually at times, it seems like the entire home is the studio!) but still I see these tiny buildings and I start outfitting them with storage bins, counters, tables and tons of supplies and ephemera. Tell me, do any of you share this affliction with me? I bet you do!



4 comments:

  1. What do you mean "at times it SEEMS like the entire house is a studio"? It is! (And I love it.)
    Love, the person who lives with you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why, no actually. I look at these little derelict sheds/barns/cabins and imagine how they could collapse on my head! ;-) But I agree, I love looking at them. I almost want to go inside them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see a cozy retreat as well. I always scratch my head when people tear these gems down:
    "....are you CRAZY???"
    It's the same feeling I get when a huge, majestic tree is chopped down. Yes, you can plant a new one, but it won;t be THAT height, THAT generous shade giver til you're long gone.

    On the other hand, how exciting when you see someone actually step up and make a little dilapidated hut their own. I DARE you to look up the owner of the old hut and see if they'd sell it.....(wink)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love coming across these types of little sheds. Thanks for bringing these two to me!

    ReplyDelete