Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Paul's Hat Works


Well, we drove down Geary Street til we hit 25th and started looking and there it was - Paul's Hat Works. Established 1918 and now going out of business and selling off 91 years of stock! We approached the door and read "Tuesday-Saturday 9-6". I'm sure we saved an awful lot of of money, because if what we were able to see through the windows was any indication - it was a vintage dream!
Margot stood behind me and tried to shade the windows so I could get pictures (she did pretty well). These shots give you just a tempting idea of what we could see. Fantastic hat boxes, old machinary, blocks and forms. I still have no idea what an exploding Empress Eugenie is, but maybe its better that way. I'm sure my imagination has made it much more fun than it really is.

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. If you go back, you will see that it is still there...and under new ownership.

    ReplyDelete