Wednesday, March 11, 2009

What's Your Sign?


One thing I love to do when we travel is capture great old signs in my camera lens. I've made the mistake of not getting a picture and then finding the sign gone the next time I go by. So now I point and shoot the minute one catches my eye, just in case it's not there later. The top one is, apparently, 4 blocks beyond the Capri Motel in the Marina District of San Francisco.


And who couldn't love "Pawn Dog" in Oxnard, California? What a jaunty grin!



Sadly this institution just south of Ventura, California, is now closed and waiting for the wrecking ball. It's been around forever, but soon will be just a memory. I was able to get this picture just in time.


Discovered this beauty in Seattle near Pioneer Square on a trip up for Art Fest. What mixed-media artist could resist that lovely weathering?



And on the other side of the country, here's the Lobster Pot in Provence Town on the very end of Cape Cod. So, what's your (favourite) sign?

No comments:

Post a Comment