Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Cigar Box Wednesday

Folding rulers - I remember as a kid, being fascinated by the folding ruler that my dad always had in his back pocket when he was building things. He was quite the carpenter and made beautiful dining tables, room dividers and even added a whole new room to the house (which for the next 25 years was referred to as "the new room"). Now and then, he'd let me fold the ruler up for him when he was through measuring - what a treat.

They are fun to use as picture frames,the letters M & W, and lots of other vintage-y accents in assemblages or on journal covers. I've found mine at flea markets, swap meets, street faires and thrift stores. I have no idea what happened to my dad's, but I never pick one up without reliving those 50 year old memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment