Friday, May 28, 2010

From the Bookshelf

This is a wonderful book - full of delicious art by Nick Bantock. But - there's more! An intriguing story accompanies each piece of artwork and a puzzle runs through the entire narrative. It took me several times through before I figured out the answer. I'm usually not a big fan of puzzles (crosswords drive me crazy!) but when figuring out the answer requires deep investigation of a Bantock assemblage, I'm so there!

Assemblage drawers from The Egyptian Jukebox
at Nick's Salt Spring Island Studio, British Columbia, Canada

I was lucky enough to take a weekend workshop with Nick a couple of years ago and I actually got to see several of the pieces that were in the book. It was very cool to see them in person after having spent so much time studying them on the page.

No comments:

Post a Comment